Do you feel overwhelmed by the changes you need to make in your diet? Taking small steps to make these changes is the way to succeed! Here are some rules you should try and follow everyday to keep your body healthy and happy.
1. Never Skip Breakfast: Breakfast will jumpstart the metabolism and provide energy for your entire day. Breakfast does not need to be “breakfast” type foods.
2. Drink at least 64oz of water. Your body does not function well without water. Drink a large glass of water right when you jump or roll out of bed in the morning.
3. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. It is flu season and eating these foods will give your body the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals it needs to fight colds and flus. Try and buy local.
4. Plan your meals out! Know what you are going to eat during the day. Lack of planning will lead to binge or over eating.
5. Keep lean proteins on hand. It is easy to find carbohydrates but keep lean proteins on hand for a complete meal.