Meal planning can be simple and easy by Mixing and Matching!!!
Your body is seeking fuel. It is important that you eat enough and the right mix of foods, this can help prevent you from over eating later in the day, or worst, evening time!!!
Try these simple combinations:
First Pick a Protein
1. Boneless, skinless chicken breast
2. Beans (no salt added canned beans or boiled fresh beans)
4. Grilled fish
5. Non GMO Tofu
Next, Pick a Carbohydrate
2. Whole wheat tortilla
3. Whole wheat Pasta
Mix in Vegetables:
2. Bell peppers
6. Green Beans
9. Snow Peas
10. Sugar Snap peas
1. Basil and garlic
2. Cilantro Lime Sauce (lime juice combined with cilantro, garlic and a touch of salt)
3. Garlic and thyme
Serve it up
- Try it as a stir fry
1. Brown rice, peas, carrots, and onions with eggs scrambled. Serve with a liquid amino acid and light teriyaki sauce.
2. Sauteed chicken with onions, carrots, broccoli, and snow peas over brown rice or quinoa.
3. Whole wheat pasta with tofu, asparagus, onions, peppers, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla
1. Black beans, quinoa, chopped vegetables and salsa.
2. Chicken strips or grilled fish (grilled), peppers, onions, and cilantro lime sauce
3. Scrambled eggs with vegetables and salsa.
- Make it into a dish
1. Grilled chicken or fish with olive oil, garlic and thyme, with quinoa. Serve with a side of vegetables.
2. Omelet served with vegetables topped with salsa.
3. Brown rice or quinoa, white beans, sauteed vegetables with a touch of olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar and basil.
Keep your meals simple and easy! Using leftovers can keep meal prep simple. Use leftovers for lunch.