Healthy Eating 101
Never give up on yourself. It is also important to keep telling yourself that YOU CAN DO IT! Any small change will make a difference in your health.
Food is fuel. “Fuel up, don’t fill up” Focus on eating foods that will fuel the body properly. Energy is such an important component part of being healthy. Whole grains are your main source of fuel. Choose whole grains, in the most natural state. Avoid processed foods, they turn into sugar quickly, if you do not use them right away they convert into fat.
Make small changes, one at a time, at your own pace. Never compare yourself to someone else.
Try these small steps – several small steps = a big change!
- Eat before you go shopping: When you are hungry you will be more likely to make impulse purchases of foods to really don’t want to eat!
- Make a shopping list when you go to the grocery store – stick to the list. Don’t allow yourself to buy anything that is not on the list. Plan you meals for the week and buy only what you need.
- Don’t buy trigger foods. This will lead to overeating.
- Keep healthy foods on hands, fruit, vegetables, low-fat cheese, fat free yogurt and etc.
- Use smaller plates and utensils. Try eating on a dessert plate.
- Always sit down when you eat, even if it is just a quick snack. When you are standing and walking around, most people tend to overeat.
- Don’t skip meals; If you do you may overeat at your next meal. It may also cause snacking on unhealthy foods.
These simple changes may make a huge change in your waistline and health!